COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES COMPETITION RULES (“Official Rules”)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Each competition (“Competition”) to which these Official Rules apply is operated by Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited (hereinafter called “Promoter”), a Limited Liability Company, which has its registered office at Turner House, 16 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7HS, United Kingdom, registered as company number 0451593, which produces Turner Classic Movies in the UK and its related websites.
The entry period for each Competition will be as specified in the promotion for that competition (the “Entry Period”) and as specified on the TCM website www.tcmuk.tv (the “Site”).
2. HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?: The Competition is open to all residents of mainland Great Britain who have internet or telephone access prior to and throughout the Entry Period except employees of Promoter and its parent, subsidiary, affiliated or associated companies, its and their agents and immediate families and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to participate. All players must be over 18 to enter. By entering this Competition each player confirms that he/she has obtained such consent and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Players should enter in accordance with the instructions in the promotion for the Competition. Each Player will need to be logged in to the Site (unless otherwise stated in the promotion for the Competition). Each Player will be eligible to enter the Competition once (unless otherwise stated in the promotion for the Competition) and any multiple entries (over and above a single entry) will be rejected.
4. By entering the Competition players confirm that all information given is complete, accurate and not misleading. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the player has not complied with these Official Rules or has acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undeliverable entries, technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a player’s ability to participate in the Competition. The Released Parties are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Competition, including without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Competition, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Competition-related materials. The Released Parties do not guarantee that the Site and/or Competition will not contain IT faults, or that faults identified will be remedied; nor can they guarantee that the Site and/or sites to which the Site links do not contain viruses or other components which may cause damage to players’ computer equipment and/or data. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Promoter’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Competition, Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Competition (or a portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Promoter reserves the right to judge all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the player ineligible.
5. WINNERS: Winners will be selected at random from all correct entries received before the closing date and time. The number of winners will be as stated in the promotion for the Competition.
6. PRIZES: Prizes are as stated in the promotion for the Competition.
All prize details not specified in the promotion for the Competition are at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable manufacturer, supplier and/or operator. Prizes must be accepted “as is” or declined. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged for another article or cash value. It is agreed if the Prize is awarded to a minor the prize will be delivered to his or her statutory representative or guardian, or to the winner with the written consent of his or her statutory representative or guardian.
Notice of the win will be sent to the winner within twenty eight days of the end of the competition.
The winner must confirm his or her willingness to receive the prize within a period of twenty eight days or such shorter period as notified in the promotion for the competition from the date of such contact, giving his or her name and postal address for delivery of the prize. Failure to confirm in that period will forfeit the prize and Promoter will be entitled to pick another winner. The Promoter may cancel the winning of a prize in its sole discretion and without prior notice if it does not receive confirmation from the winner of willingness to receive the prize or if the shipping of the prize to the address stated by the winner is unsuccessful, and the organizer fails to obtain the necessary information to deliver the prize successfully following reasonable efforts. In this case the Promoter will consider itself obliged to cancel the prize, without the person concerned becoming entitled to any compensation as a result.
The Released Parties expressly disclaim any responsibility for any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Competition (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prize awarded (including without limitation, any travel and activity related thereto). For the avoidance of doubt The Released Parties do not exclude their liability for death or personal injury caused by their own negligence.
Any dispute or complaint concerning this Competition should be addressed to TCM Competition, Turner House, 16 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7HS, UK and must be so submitted within 90 days following the close of the Competition and specify the date of the Competition and the name of the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, defer, alter or cancel this competition (including without limitation the prizes offered) if it considers in its sole discretion that circumstances demand it; it cannot be held liable for this on any grounds whatsoever.
A hard copy of these Official Rules and/or a list of winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to TCM Competitions, Turner House, 16 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7HS, UK. Please specify Official Rules or Winner List.
These Official Rules are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute relating to their interpretation or execution that cannot be settled amicably must be brought before the competent English courts.
Promoter: Turner Broadcasting System Europe LimitedGO BACK TO COMPETITION